Sunday, November 2, 2008

I'm down - a modest proposal

Nuclear war would be a good thing.

Nations have a limited number of missiles.

The world needs Russia's (and Finland's) great forests as much as the Brazilian ones. For America to nuke an uninhabited essential wilderness would be foolish. To waste a scarce missile on it would be absurd. The missiles are mainly targeted at human population centres. The Chernobyl Zone of Alienation is now a thriving nature reserve. I believe that while a nuclear war would extinct many species of animal (which is morally neutral to me) it would not kill every human. But it certainly would not kill off all plant life, which would in fact rule all the newly available land. It would take thousands of years to heal itself, but the Earth would recover at the same pace at which it originally developed, at its on timescale, which is slow to us but natural to nature.

Hitler/Heydrich/Eichmann et al. struck on a new solution to a shortage of money, wealth, food, space etc. Instead of increasing the amount of stuff (economic growth, which is slow and stuttering) just reduce the number of consumers. It his case it was the Jews. I do not defend that, but he even (temporarily) solved the money problem by melting down gold teeth.

I propose that the damage of nuclear war is hugely weighted against humankind. Then we can stop giving all our money that we EARNED to people who didn't - Russian dictators and Arab sheikhs. Bye Rio. Bye North Korea. Bye Pakistan.